Morenci Area Schools is a DK-12 grade school district located in southern Lenawee County, MI, just north of the Ohio border. The school campus is located within the city of Morenci with a student population of 680.
Transparency Reporting Report Date: 7/1/2016
Section 18 (2) of the Public Act 94 of 1979, The State School Aid Act, has been amended, which requires each school district and intermediate school district to post certain information on its website within 30 days after a board adopts it annual operating budget or any subsequent revision to that budget. The Annual Budget & Transparency Reporting is an opportunity to communicate our community on how we utilize the resources that are provided.
The following information is required to be posted on our website:
1. The annual operating budget and subsequent budget revisions.
2. Using data that has already been collected and submitted to the Michigan Department of Education (MDE), a summary of district or intermediate district expenditures for the most recent fiscal year for which they are available, expressed in the following two (2) pie charts which were provided for the general fund of the district or intermediate district by the Center for Educational Performance and Information (CEPI):
(a) A chart of personnel expenditures broken down into the following subcategories:
(1) Salaries and Wages
(2) Employee benefit costs, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and long term care benefits.
(3) Retirement benefits cost’s
(4) All other personnel costs
(b) A chart of all district expenditures, broken into the following subcategories:
(2) Support Services
(3) Business and administration
(4) Operations and Maintenance
3. Links to all of the following:
(a) The current collective bargaining agreement for each bargaining unit
(b) Each health care benefits plan, including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, long-term care, or any other type of
(c) Audit report of the audit conducted for the most recent fiscal year for which it is available.
4. The total salary and a description and cost of each fringe benefit included in the compensation package for the superintendent of the district or intermediate district and for each employee of the district whose salary exceeds $100,000.00
5. The annual amount spent on dues paid to associations
6. The annual amount spent on lobbying services.
2015/2016 Original, Amended & Final Budgets
2016/2017 Amended & Final General Fund Budget
2015/2016 Amended & Final General Fund Budget
2015/2016 Amended & Final Capital Projects Budget
2015/2016 Amended & Final Debt Retirement Budget
2015/2016 Amended & Final Food Service Budget
Graduation & Drop Out Rates
MEAP Test Scores
MME Scores/College Readiness
MME Scores/College Readiness
Average Class Size K-5
2014/2015 Instructional Days
2013/14 Transparency Reports
2012/2013 General Fund Balance
2012/2013 Operating Expenditures
2014/2015 Board Approved Budget
MI School Data Portal
College Readiness/Merit Test Scores
2008 Capital Projects 2013/14
2013 Capital Projects 2013/14
2013/2014 Debt Retirement
2013/2014 General Fund
2013 Capital Projects 2014/2015
2014/2015 Debt Retirement
2014/2015 General Fund 2014/2015